Friday 11 January 2019

Another New Year.


Blouse - charity shop
Dress - charity shop
Belt - vintage
Bag - charity shop
Boots - Next (old)



So, hello 2019!

The last year flew by, as usual (so why am I always surprised?) and the next twelve months loom ominously, yet optimistically, ahead. For me personally, 2018 has seen me take several huge steps forward. Through wavering perseverance a few of my someday dreams were actualised: I finished my A levels; started a part-time job (my first job ever!); and am noticeably happier and more confident in myself.


I decided to take a break from blogging to lessen the pressure on myself to do more than I could cope with; it's okay to allow yourself to prioritise what you spend your time on. No one can do everything all of the time! For me, college had to be the thing I put all of my energy into, and I'm relieved to say that all my hard work paid off! When you've been struggling with education, or just a general pathway in life, it can be hard to continue when you feel you've been stuck in the same place for too long. However, it's important to realise you are actually progressing little by little everyday... every month... every year. It's always useful to reflect at the start of the New Year upon how much you've achieved: even small victories need to be celebrated! In the end it all adds up to you feeling better and stronger overall.


This look started with the dress. I bought it in the summer for £1 and have been waiting for an occasion that requires black sequins (to be fair, this could have been any day of the week, however for its first outing, I wanted it to party)! To cinch in the waist, I added this gorgeous belt; a super cool £4 find from a charity shop on the Isle of Wight, which I visited on holiday a couple of years ago. It has a little label on the back with the name of the French atelier; a darling hidden detail which I carry with me whenever I wear it. I layered the gold blouse underneath, mainly for warmth (!), but also to tie in with the gold detailing on the belt. The lurex running through the material, and the satin sleeves and collar, are a touch of extravagance perfect for the festivities! The bag is a recent charity shop purchase - such a steal at only £3.50! The intricate beading emphasises the integral sparkle every New Year's outfit needs. Black patent boots finish the look - making me reflective from almost head-to-toe!


My resolutions for this year? To keep aiming for happiness! I'm trying to be more sure of myself and allow my personality to shine through. For too long I have hidden behind a wall of cautious shyness and overwhelming self-consciousness. I aspire to be more like the entirely self-assured three-year-old that I was; when I was bolder, contented in my existence, and didn't go to sleep analysing what I had said and done that day! Social anxiety will always be a niggling little voice at the back of your head, but with time, your power to put those negative thoughts to one side will increase. You are a beautiful being with a lot of life to give!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2019!

Love Emily
xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - it means so much!