Thursday 9 November 2017

Autumn Renewal.


Top - TU at Sainsbury's
Skirt - charity shop
Bag - vintage fair
Shoes - Dorothy Perkins



Why, hello! I am back after an accidental hiatus from blogging, and social media of any kind actually. There was the summer holidays, and then I started back at college in September, and since then I have been so busy! Well, much busier than I am used to anyway! I'm taking Textiles subjects, which mean a lot of work, as you can imagine! I've enjoyed being back at college though. After my iffy attendance over the past four years - this year finally feels like the one where I'll actually finish my A-levels. If you are struggling with education, or maybe you're finding just everyday is difficult, I guess my advice to you is to persevere no matter how hard things seem. My life and mental health are not 100% where I would want them to be, but they're a hell of a lot better than I ever imagined back when I was 16, when the anxiety and low mood took over.


Keep going, you can do it!

So, on with the blog post... This look says simply autumn to me. Okay, so I know it's November and it's getting colder (there are sadly already people in my classes playing their Christmas playlists *shudder*), but meteorologically it's still Autumn. This outfit is perfect for crisp, sunny days - my favourite type of weather. The mustard yellow corduroy skirt was a gorgeous charity shop find for £5.99, a bargain for such a wearable vintage piece. It's clearly 70's, my mum remembers one of her teachers wearing a similar one when she was at school, yet I think it has a hint of 50's circle skirt about it, which makes me feel so elegant. It's an outfit I could wear on repeat. The leather brogues were a sale purchase some years ago now, and a bargain at £15. They are a little too big, but cut-to-size foam insoles (easy to pick up from Primark) are a simple, not to mention comfy, fix. You can find similar loafers here from ASOS. The bag is a gorgeous oxblood/mahogany colour which I found at a vintage fair for £10. If you're looking for a new leather bag with character, a vintage fair is your best bet for price and quality.


Love Emily
xxx










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - it means so much!