Friday 24 November 2017

Lou Lou's Swindon Vintage Fair.


Two Saturdays ago, I had the pleasure of attending Lou Lou's vintage fair in Swindon, bringing some much needed vintage right to my doorstep. I've been longing to go to a fair for ages (I've not managed to attend one since January *gasp*), so I was well overdue my vintage fix! The STEAM Museum was the perfect setting; a beautifully industrial Grade II listed railway building.





There were around twenty stalls, which was brilliant; a lot to see and shop. Dancers from Swingout Swindon performed against the sultry tones of Delores. Overall, it was a fantastic event which I hope will return to Swindon in the near future!





Of course, a Lou Lou's vintage fair is not complete without a visit to the pop up tea parlour. I admit that's where me and my mum went as soon as we arrived for some pre-shopping elevenses. The cakes we had were delicious - a sticky toffee cupcake and square of coffee cake - and were served, as tea party etiquette demands, upon pretty china. I'll be using the photographs for Textiles project work, and dreaming of sticky toffee cupcakes forevermore.




Onto what I wore...


Fur coat - charity shop
Blouse - vintage
Skirt - River Island
Shoes - New Look



I went a little 60's with this look. Dusky pink and black is a rather striking combination; giving an edgy feel to a girly blouse. The blouse has a super pretty petal collar, which puts me in mind of Mary Quant and her flower logo. The patent skirt was in the River Island summer sale for £15, so I snapped it up knowing vinyl is currently having a fashion moment. I finished off the look with clear hoop earrings and cat eye flicks. You know it's a good day when your eyeliner is even!







Now for a mini haul...

I only bought a few things, but they are gorgeous. This dress is a total dream; the ruffled tiers, the off-the-shoulder neckline with puffed sleeves, and it's all in navy and white  polka dots. The fabric is such lovely quality, modern versions I've seen on the high street are nowhere near as well made. So, all this perfection, how much did it cost? Only fifteen pounds!! My star buy.




I also bought a scarf, handmade from iridescent floral vintage material. I love the look of scarves worn in the hair or tied quirkily around the neck, and you can't go wrong with a bit of shine. My last buy way a green fur hat (only £5) - very Miu Miu - although I'm not sure how much wear I'll get out of it, as I can already envision the stares of passers-by!





Such a good day - I'm already looking forward to the next one!

You can check out Lou Lou's Vintage Fair here.

Love Emily
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - it means so much!